The year comes with uncertainty for me. I am not sure where I'm heading but do know that plans will slowly unfold itself, God's plan that is. Let's look at the situation; I'm still unemployed which is a major issue for a graduate like me. However, I have done this.
I have sent in my job applications to various industries. Market research, media - buying & purchasing, advertising - copywriting, servicing, PR firms and soon enough, consulting. My background in marketing & management is such. I have two scopes to focus on, so far being marketing as my focus area. I know management consulting is something I should also look into, not my strongest areas but it gives me the breadth of knowledge that I need.
My interests in trying out for secular acting work and whatever else seems burn in me too.
I have also committed to serving in the YF this year, to raise up new leaders and therefore set an example.
Of all my resolutions or goals, no alcohol for 2006 is one of them. I want to keep a fresh and sober mind throughout to see what I can achieve and stay focus on.
So you see, I have it sorta going here, all the plans and all the thinkers getting ready to plunge in. However, I think I'm missing one major point here.
God. Will you go out without knowing? Have you "gone out" before?
I think before anything else, it is right of me to surrender all this before God and really go in faith. To surrender entirely, my plans, desire, relationships and to go out with that faith in Him. God reminded me today through scriptures that many key figures who received much through the desire of first having faith in the Lord. This is the challenge before me. My my faith be stretched, may I have that servant heart in me.
In the world, we have been so accustomed to planning first before anything else. Make sure you know what you want to do, what you have to do. I use to keep reminding myself about the '10 year plan' and having parents and other seniors advising, 'make sure you get your life right by planning'. As much as this perspective is right and just, I have to learn how to disengage from this perspective to be in a more reflective position of what God wants me to do. I am now aware.
But I am not afraid, because I trust that God will lead and put me where He wants. I want to get the year right by taking that first step of faith.
I have sent in my job applications to various industries. Market research, media - buying & purchasing, advertising - copywriting, servicing, PR firms and soon enough, consulting. My background in marketing & management is such. I have two scopes to focus on, so far being marketing as my focus area. I know management consulting is something I should also look into, not my strongest areas but it gives me the breadth of knowledge that I need.
My interests in trying out for secular acting work and whatever else seems burn in me too.
I have also committed to serving in the YF this year, to raise up new leaders and therefore set an example.
Of all my resolutions or goals, no alcohol for 2006 is one of them. I want to keep a fresh and sober mind throughout to see what I can achieve and stay focus on.
So you see, I have it sorta going here, all the plans and all the thinkers getting ready to plunge in. However, I think I'm missing one major point here.
God. Will you go out without knowing? Have you "gone out" before?
I think before anything else, it is right of me to surrender all this before God and really go in faith. To surrender entirely, my plans, desire, relationships and to go out with that faith in Him. God reminded me today through scriptures that many key figures who received much through the desire of first having faith in the Lord. This is the challenge before me. My my faith be stretched, may I have that servant heart in me.
In the world, we have been so accustomed to planning first before anything else. Make sure you know what you want to do, what you have to do. I use to keep reminding myself about the '10 year plan' and having parents and other seniors advising, 'make sure you get your life right by planning'. As much as this perspective is right and just, I have to learn how to disengage from this perspective to be in a more reflective position of what God wants me to do. I am now aware.
But I am not afraid, because I trust that God will lead and put me where He wants. I want to get the year right by taking that first step of faith.

HNY! It's good to make resolutions revolving Him, you know they are so much more meaningful. Unlike my 'shop less this year!' resolution. :) DTB